We are now seeking a part-time Registered Nurse to work 3 negotiable days per week (24 hours) between Monday and Friday. This role is based primarily within our family centre programme but will also involve work at our Adult service, as well as participating as a part of the wider Odyssey nursing team.
Your role will primarily involve:
- Completing initial nursing assessments of new clients / whai ora
- Managing the ongoing primary health care of clients / whai ora
- Assessing and monitoring client / whai ora mental health
- Assessing, administering and managing medication requirements in line with documented nursing or medication plans
- Specialist referral and consultation participation & review
- Provision of healthy living education & communication to clients / whai ora
- Actively contributing as a key part of the infection control team
- Liaising with healthcare providers (e.g, midwives, Plunket Nurses etc)
- Supporting the medical needs of children residing in the Family Centre
You will possess:
- A current nursing registration
- At least two years post-registration experience, preferably in the social services, addictions and/or mental health sectors
- The ability to work autonomously within a supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed clinical skills in assessment, diagnostics and treatment planning
- Strong computer and case noting/data entry skills
- Sensitivity and enjoyment in working with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Collaboration and communication skills to develop & maintain relationships
- Strong organisational skills and reporting capabilities
- Knowledge and skills to promote healthy living and hygiene best practice.
- A full clean driver's licence
Odyssey can provide you with:
- A competitive remuneration package based on our updated bands, including a $7000 premium position allowance on top of your salary
- 24 hours per week – during the day, no weekends
- Free meals and fruit
- Professional and career development opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021 578262.
Closing date: 19th August 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.